Interviewing Mr Sparks by Mark Rittgers and Anthoney Barett

                                Interviewing Mr Sparks

Mr. Leonard Sparks is a reporter for the Times Herald Record and he came to visit the GEM Bloggers along with Mr Grice, our Empire program facilitator.  We had an opporutnity to have a conversation with him regarding his job and interview him.  He also gave us some suggestions and pointers.  

Here are some of the questions we asked:

Q1: What do you do for a living?
A1; I am a reporter for a newspaper called the TIMES HERALD RECORD.

Q2: How did you get this job?
A2: I used advice from an old professor and applied it to multiple newspapers. Then I got this job.

Q3: Where did you go to school?
A3: I went to Morgan State in Baltimore Maryland which is a journalism school.   

Q4: What do you do?
A4: I write stories and report on what happens in Newburgh.

Q5: How long have you been reporting?
A5: I have been reporting for about 14 to 15 years and started at a small newspaper in Baltimore.

Q6: How long does it take to write a story?
A6: Usually around 4 to 5 hours.

Q7: Where do you report?

A7: I report on what happens in Newburgh.

Q8: Where do you work?

A8: I am a reporter for the TIMES HERALD RECORD in the Hudson Valley..

Q9: How long do you work each day?

A9: I work 8 hours on a normal day if there is not any breaking news.


                                 THANK YOU MR SPARKS 




2 comments: